You still have plenty of time to bake this luscious, fluffy and juicy cake for Mother’s Day tomorrow! Whether you want to spoil your own mother, or you, as a mother, still need to spoil your loved ones on your special day, this humble cake is light and easy to prepare. Wishing all precious moms around the world a wonderful sunny day full of hugs and kisses.
Sunshine Orange Cake
- for the cake
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 300 g sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 ml orange juice
- for the glazing
- 50 g dark chocolate 70%
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Grease a 20-cm pan with butter and dust with little flour. Preheat oven 175°C (350°F).
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and orange zest on high speed in a bowl until smooth. Add the oil and continue beating until the batter doubles in size. Lower speed and gradually add the flour mixture and the orange juice. Continue beating until batter is creamy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 Do the toothpick test. Let cool on a wired rack.
- For the glazing: Heat all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Spread on cake while still warm.