This lemony zesty irresistible cake is all you need on cold winter days like these. I really don’t mind icy temperatures as long as I know that I can indulge myself in some kind of homemade sweet. This fluffy juicy cake is whipped in no time, baked in no time, and glazed in no time. Just don’t deprive yourself from this teatime classic!
- 3 eggs
- 180 g granulated sugar
- ½ sachet ready Lemon Zest from Dr. Oetker Zest of a lemon
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 220 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml milk
- For the glazing: 60 ml lemon juice 60 g granulated sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F. Grease a 9x5 inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan with some butter and dust with little flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar and lemon zest on high speed until smooth. Add the oil and continue beating until the batter doubles in size. Lower speed and gradually add the flour mixture, lemon juice and milk and beat until batter is creamy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Do the toothpick test. Let cool slightly on a wired rack.
- In the meantime prepare the glazing. Heat the lemon juice and the sugar in a small saucepan on medium high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid starts boiling. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the glazing slightly thickens. Poke holes all over the top of the warm cake and brush with the hot glazing.
All images and text © Dina Bayoud Kohl for Dina’s Kitchen
Liliane Khouri says
Best lemon cake recipe! It is ax light and fluffy cake bursting with lemon flavor.